Most of the soils in Pakistan have been nutritionally exhausted due to continuous crop production and meagre replenishment particularly in rained areas. Adequate supply of plant nutrients and water are vital for crop production. Low fertility of the soils has been rated as second important factor in maximization of crop yield as optimum fertilization increases the water use efficiency. It enables plant to extract soil moisture from deeper layer and its chance to get benefit from scanty precipitation during the growth cycle also increases. Soil testing is practiced in nearly all parts of the world as it is the single reliable method for diagnosing the soil problems affecting the yield of crop in an area. It is a rapid and less expensive method for evaluation of fertility status of soil and for recommendation of optimum fertilizer rates for economic crop production.
To provide soil, water and fertilizer analysis facilities to the farmer community.
- Evaluation of soil fertility status for balanced use of fertilizers for various crops.
- Advisory services to the farmers regarding soil, water, plants and fertilizer analysis.
- To diagnose salinity / sodicity hazard of soil and their reclamation.
- Fertilizer recommendation to the farmers for various crops according to the fertility status of their soil.
- To test the underground water for its suitability for irrigation purposes.
- To determine the active ingredients of the fertilizer samples under anti-adulteration campaign (FCO).
- To test the purity of gypsum.
- ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation of lab in order to maintain high quality of tests Results.
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations.
- Reclamation of problem soils.
- Monitoring quality inputs.
- Improving (FUE) and Productivity through (IPNS).
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers.
Anti-adulteration Campaign under Fertilizer Control Order, 1973
- Analysis of sample in the labs collected by the DOA / DDOA Agri. (Extension).
- Analysis of samples in compliance with re-analysis directions of Additional Secretary (TF) in appeal cases.