The Soil & Water Testing Laboratory, Gujranwala provides laboratory testing services of Soil, Water, Plant Tissue and Fertilizers. The lab is following guidelines of international standard ISO 17025:2017 for its testing activities. This manual is designed in compliance with this international standard. Our goal is to provide accurate, precise and timely results with aim of guiding the farmers on balance use of fertilizer, cost economic production of crops, detection and correction of saline, SF and saline SF soils, advising famers/grower about new innovations in the field and providing advisory services to the commercial customers about their products. Testing of quality control fertilizer to ensure the manufacturing ability and sample quality of stake holders helping to minimize the use of fake/ spurious/ adulterated fertilizers in Punjab for better society and reduce the financial and yield loss of farmer and country is also a main duty of SWTL Gujranwala.
To provide soil, water and fertilizer analysis facilities to the farmer community.
- To assess the fertility status of soils in the tract with the help of suitable laboratory techniques.
- To suggest measure for the economic crop production through soil testing advisory service.
- To control the salinity and alkalinity menace where ever it threatens good crop production by the use of amendments in quantities needed for reclamation.
- To survey the status of micro elements and explore measures to cope with their deficiency or toxicity.
- To analyze water for its suitability for irrigation purpose,
- To analyze fertilizer and gypsum samples for their purity
A. Advisory Services
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations.
- Reclamation of problem soils.
- Monitoring quality inputs.
- Improving (FUE) and Productivity through (IPNS).
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers.
B. Anti-adulteration Campaign under Fertilizer Control Order, 1973
- Analysis of sample in the labs collected by the DOA / DDOA Agri. (Extension).
- Analysis of samples in compliance with re-analysis directions of Additional Secretary (TF) in appeal cases.
Dr. Muhammad Iqbal
Address: Soil and Water Testing Lab for Research,
Opposite Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park, Gujranwala