Name of the Project
Development of Drought Tolerant Double Haploid Maize Hybrid (Project: 563)
- Screening and selection of drought tolerant pure line with desired characters combinations according to standard and target drought tolerance table with combination of desired traits.
- Maintenance of selected 20 (10 for autumn and 10 for spring seasons) inbred lines.
- Development of drought tolerant doubled haploid pure inbred lines.
- Testing of doubled-haploid drought tolerant hybrids. Maintenance of doubled haploid drought tolerant inbred lines.
- Testing of drought tolerant doubled haploid hybrids for adaptability and commercialization.
- DNA fingerprinting of 20 inbred lines and 90 single cross drought tolerant maize hybrids.
- DNA fingerprinting of 12 most promising inbred lines.
- Adaptability & Commercialization of doubled haploid hybrids/
- Providing hybrid seed to farmers at cheaper rates as compared to foreign seed companies. Separate objectives for each worker.
- One farmer’s day in maize core area
Research Wing/ Director, Barani Agricultural Research Institute, Chakwal
5 years ( 01-07-2015 to 01-07-2020)
Rs. 29.137 Million Rs.