The Food Technology Section was established in 1968 with the objective to carry out research and development studies on processing, preservation and development of new value added products from various fruits and vegetables.
This section has potentially contributed in value addition by developing food products and has trained thousands of human resources both male and female in food processing and preservation techniques. Pilot scale production and sale of various food products is another allied objective, helping to popularize the use of good quality food products among the masses, as well as to deposit handsome income annually to the government treasury.
Food Technology section is working on the value addition of fruits and vegetables and their nutritional and other physicochemical/biochemical aspects. We want to disseminate the developed technology to the farmers for more productivity and easy availability of good quality processed and preserved food to the masses along with increase in export to the foreign exchange.
- Optimization of process for sugarcane juice storage stability
- Standardization of postharvest drying protocol for apricot
- Optimization of guava-aloe vera functional drink
- Probing the shelf life of fresh cut shredded carrots (daucus carota) via different chemical treatments
- Development and process optimization for the low caloric lemon-barley rts drink
- Effect of chemical preservatives on quality and storage stability of tomato concentrates
- Development and standardization of preservative free value added products from java plum (jamun)
- Quality comparison of animal milk and soy bean milk added products
- Development and optimization of avocado value added products
- Effect of incorporating hydrocolloids on quality attributes of tomato ketchup
- Medicinal value addition of apple jam
- Development and standardization of fruit cocktail
- Development of kinnow juice concentrates through vacuum concentration technique
- Standardization of dehydration protocol for fig fruit
- Standardization of protocol for raisins production
- Development and optimization of therapeutic herbal turmeric drink