In Pakistan the agriculture sector continues to play a vital role in the economy of country. It is the second largest sector, accounting for over 21% of GDP. 45-48% of labour force is directly engaged with agriculture sector. Soil and water are the basic needs for agriculture which provide us food, shelter and raw materials for others industries. Therefore Soil & Water Testing Laboratory Sialkot aims to provide advisory services to farmers regarding soil fertility, nutrient management and management of brackish water for different crops to increase the yield.
To assess the soil fertility status with recommendations for balanced use of fertilizers to enhance the crop yield.
- To assess the fertility status of soils.
- To assess the Salinity/Sodicity of soils with reclamation recommendations.
- To assess the quality of irrigation water and recommendations for the use of poor quality of water
- Recommendations for balanced and economic use of fertilizers
- Soil and water samplings from farmers field for fertility/Salinity/ Sodicity assay and recommendations.
- Soil analysis (Texture, EC, pH, O.M., P2O5, K2O5, CaCO3) under development project, Extension 2.O and uploading results on the website
- Analysis of irrigation water samples collected by Extension Department and recommendations
- Soil samplings and analysis up to depth of 5-6 feet down for orchard cultivation and provide advisory services to farmers for orchard cultivation.
There are following Research activities under Advisory Services
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations.
- Reclamation of problem soils.
- Monitoring quality inputs.
- Improving (FUE) and Productivity through (IPNS).
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers.
Address: Soil and Water Testing Laboratory, Near Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park, Pasrur Road, Sialkot