All the Agricultural production depends on the fertility status of the soil. Due to the continuous use of plant food nutrients by plants, fertility has decreased to a level where it could not nourish healthy plants. Laboratory analysis of soil and water samples play vital role in detecting the causes of decline in fertility and thus recommend the use of proper fertilizer in kind and quantity to short up the problems. Realizing the fact, Soil and Water Testing Laboratory Okara was started under Provincial Government on 01.03.1988. later on it was transferred to District Government set up on 14.08.2001. From 02.01.2017 it is again transferred to Provincial Government.
Soil and Water Testing Laboratory mission is to suggest measures for the maintenance/improvement of soil fertility of farms by recommending the use of proper levels of fertilizer and Agro-Chemicals through soil testing advisory service and to analyse the sub soil water for its suitability purpose and to guide the farmers.
- Collection of samples from farmers fields
- Analysis of collected/received soil and water samples
- To recommend the technology for the reclamation of salt affected soils by the use of amendments in quantities needed
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations
- Reclamation of problem soils
- Monitoring quality inputs
- Improving (FUE) and Productivity through (IPNS)
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers
Muhammad Hafeez Javed
Address: District Complex, Okara