- The Judicious use of fertilizers according to the requirement of a crop and variety is very essential to attain better crop production and economic use of resources
- Our farming community is not familiar to the nutriment requirement of their crops and fertility status of their soils
- The alarming increase in the prices of the fertilizers is also a main reason for inefficient and improper use of fertilizers
- Salinity / Sodicity problems are the major causes of low crop production in the country
- Only soil test is a correct method for estimation of the nutrient supplying power of soil and to diagnose its problems
- Soil testing has a vital role towards the mapping of soils
- In the light of above facts, one Soil & Water Testing Lab. Was established by the Punjab Government in each district
To asses the fertility status of the soils to analyse the water for its suitability for irrigation.
- To test the soil samples and to recommend proper dose & kind of the fertilizers for economic crop production
- To suggest measures to control the salinity and sodicity
- To analyze water for its suitability for irrigation
- To carry out the research work or any other project activities assigned by the department
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations.
- Reclamation of problem soils.
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers.
Ext. Service 2.0 Project
Under this project, soil samples from the farmers, fields of whole distt. (Mianwali) are collected by the agri. Ext. Wing & analysed in this office for preparation of Soil Health Cards.