The Provincial Reference Fertilizer Testing Laboratory (PRFTL) was established to provide laboratory testing services of fertilizers samples. This Lab provides the facility for re-analysis of disputed samples, analysis/ pre-evaluation of fertilizer samples before registration of the product to check manufacture ability and quality of the product before manufacturer/ importer’s registration for its sale within the administrative boundaries of Punjab. For quality services to the customers, PRFTL re-analyses the (30% or as per directions of the competent authority) samples analyzed by the each regulatory divisional lab.The lab is following guidelines of international standard ISO 17025:2005 for its testing activities. Our goal is to provide accurate, precise and timely results with aim of making availability of quality fertilizers to farmers and to ensure the manufacturing ability and sample quality of stakeholders helping to minimize the use of fake/ spurious/ adulterated fertilizers in Punjab for better society and reduce the financial and yield loss of farmer and country.
- Impartial analysis of 2nd portion of disputed fertilizer samples to meet the requirement of FCO 1973 under 18th amendments
- Re-analysis of 2nd portion of 30 % fit samples to monitor the quality of regulatory labs
- Fertilizer analysis for registration of new products /renewal of the license already issued for sale of existing amendment.
- Standardization and validation of different standard test method /new techniques for fertilizer, organic compound and enzymes testing.
- Analysis of raw material for their nutrient content.
- Arrangement of inter lab comparison to check the accuracy of lab for quality control
Provincial Reference Fertilizer Testing Lab, Near Women Degree College, Raiwind, Lahore