Following are the research services being provided by the Institute:
- Germination test for seed of different crops and vegetables under ISO17025- Seed testing Laboratory
- Technology transferred to farmers about crops management to get good production and enhance their income
- Advisory service for farmers regarding production technologies of major field crops
- Facilitation for students of BSc. and MSc. in Agriculture regarding internship and supervision of research work
- Monitoring of activities to stakeholders of area
- Development of resource use efficient production technology
The objective of seed testing is to determine the quality and potential of a seed lot, which can then in turn be used to compare the quality of different seed lots and also estimate field planting values. Therefore, to meet these standards a well-equipped and internationally accredited Seed Testing Laboratory was needed. Therefore, this Lab was got accredited for ISO/IEC 17025:2005 in 2018.
ISO 17025 accreditation standard is the symbol of competence and reliability on performed tests for a lab. After getting this standard, Seed Testing Laboratory results are now acceptable worldwide. After scope extension of the lab for other tests, provision of quality seed to the farmers will be ensured.
How to Avail?
Plant Physiology Section, Agronomic Research Institute, Faisalabad
Contact of the Focal Person
|Dr. Muhammad Musa||Husnain Jawad|
|Chief Scientist, Agronomic Research Institute, Faisalabad.||Scientific Officer, Plant Physiology, DARI|
|Phone: 041-9201676||Phone: 041-9200655|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com|