Oilseed Research Station, Khanpur is working on different experiments on increasing the production of oil (edible oil) in the country. New varieties are being developed with better production capacity and better quality. Research activities are underway to develop new crop varieties including Raya and Mustard at Oil Seed Research Station, Khanpur.
Following are the research activities of the station:
- Germplasm evaluation & Maintenance
- Filial Generations
- Preliminary Yield Trials
- Advanced Yield Trials
- Micro Varietal Trials
- National Uniform Rapeseed Yield Trials
- National Uniform Mustard Yield Trials
- Agronomic Trials (Date Sowing, Relay cropping, Sowing method, Raya/ Sugarcane cultivation etc.)
- Pathological Trials (Fungal and viral pathogen studies and its control)
- Pre-basic seed Production
The basic objectives of our station are awareness of the farmer about cultivation of brassica (Raya and Mustard) and provide them with Basic/ Pre-basic seed of brassica.
Following are the facilities / services provided by the station:
- Provision of Pre-basic seed is guaranteed to the farmers
- On-time Advisory services to the farmers
- Transfer of technology to the farmers by organizing different capacity building trainings, exhibitions and Farmer days
- Technical guidance of B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc. (Hons) and PhD students from various agricultural universities.
- Training and guiding of staff from other relevant agricultural organizations.
- Establishment of exhibitions the doorstep of farmers for their awareness