Agriculture department is making all out efforts to achieve independent and transparent results of disputed fertilizer samples from impartial source which is actually needed to implement Fertilizer Control Order (FCO), 1973 in its real spirit to eradicate fertilizer adulteration from Punjab province. Therefore, the Provincial Reference Fertilizer Testing Lab. under the direct control of Agriculture Department, at Lahore to meet the legal provisions is proposed.
Our goal is to provide accurate, precise and timely results with aim of making availability of quality fertilizers to farmers and to ensure the manufacturing ability of quality fertilizer in the province ultimately target to minimise the use of fake/ spurious/ adulterated fertilizers in Punjab reducing the financial and yield loss of farmer and country. Provincial Reference Fertilizer Testing Laboratory, Lahore is committed to provide quality analysis of fertilizer samples to its customers with integrity, reliability, accuracy, precision and timeliness of reports to achieve customers’ satisfaction.
- To establish a reference laboratory for fertilizer under the direct administrative control of Agriculture Department so that independent and transparent results of disputed fertilizer samples can be achieved from impartial source which is actually needed to implement FCO, 1973 in its real spirit to eradicate adulteration
- Analysis/ pre-evaluation of fertilizer samples before registration of the product to check manufacturer ability and quality of the product before manufacturer/ importer’s registration for its sale within the administrative boundaries of Punjab
- For quality services to the customers, PRFTL reanalyses the (30 % or as per directions of the competent authority) of fit samples analysed by each regulatory divisional lab in Punjab province
- To render technical advice regarding test methodology, composition, standardization and registration etc. of fertilizer products
- To supervise inter lab comparison to verify the competency of fertilizer testing laboratories
- To standardize new techniques of fertilizers, organic compounds and enzymes testing.
- To coordinate with national and international fertilizer analytical laboratories of private and public sector.
- Participating in international Proficiency Testing to maintain the ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Method validation
- Participating in international Proficiency Testing
- Conducting Inter Lab Comparison
Dr Shahid Javid
Address: Provincial Reference Fertilizer Testing Laboratory Raiwind