Pesticide quality control laboratory Multan lab was established in 1983. Its covers two divisions (Multan and D. G. Khan) for the receiving and analyses of pesticide samples. Total sanctioned strength is twenty three (23) including gazzetted (6) and non-gazzetted (17) staff. Eight (8) non-gazzetted staff is lying vacant. Major equipments are HPLC (3) and GC (2) along with their allied equipments and accessories.
Our mission is to provide accurate, precise and timely results with aim of making availability of quality pesticides to farmers and to ensure the manufacturing ability and sample quality of stakeholders, helping to minimize the use of fake pesticides in Punjab for better society and reduce the financial and yield loss of farmer and country.
- To analyze pesticide samples for their quality control
- Provide services to the farmers, formulators for quality control of pesticides
- Assure the accuracies and precision of the laboratory results so that they will be reliable, interpretable, repeatable and defensible
- Establish and maintain national and International recognition through compatibility with the requirements of relevant standards
- Regulatory services (Services provided for the quality assessment of Pesticides under APO 1973/ Punjab Agriculture Pesticide Act-2012)
- Advisory services (Services of pesticide analysis provided to farming Community/ manufacturers