The Pesticide Quality Control Laboratory Kala Shah Kaku (PQCL-KSK) provides laboratory testing regulatory services of pesticides (fungicides/ insecticides/ herbicides) under section 17 of APO 1971within the administrative boundaries of Punjab. This Lab also provides the facility for analysis of pesticide samples under section 20 of APO 1971 Meaningful laboratory results require careful attention to the condition of sample, date of sample collection, authority who collected the sample, the originality of sample, recording physical conditions of sample, coding and testing of samples and report generation. The lab is following guidelines of international standard ISO 17025:2005 for its testing activities.
Our goal is to provide accurate, precise and timely results with aim of making availability of quality pesticides to farmers and to ensure the manufacturing ability and sample quality of stakeholders helping to minimize the use of fake pesticides in Punjab for better society and reduce the financial and yield loss of farmer and country.
- To analyze pesticide samples for their quality control
- Provide services to the farmers, formulators for quality control of pesticides
- Assure the accuracies and precision of the laboratory results so that they will be reliable, interpretable, repeatable and defensible
- Establish and maintain national and International recognition through compatibility with the requirements of relevant standards
- Regulatory services (Services provided for the quality assessment of Pesticides under APO 1973/ Punjab Agriculture Pesticide Act-2012)
- Advisory services (Services of pesticide analysis provided to farming Community/ manufacturers