Name of the Project
Crop Diversification through Soybean and Sesame Adaptability Studies under Changing Climate (Project: 906)
- Collection, maintenance and evaluation of Soybean & Sesame germplasm.
- Identification of heat tolerant Soybean genotypes.
- Identification of Charcoal rot resistant Sesame genotypes.
- Hybridization to create genetic variability for the selection of suitable recombinants.
- Evaluation of advance lines in different agro-climatic conditions of Punjab.
- Production of pre-basic seed for Soybean & Sesame approved varieties.
- Sowing of demonstration plots in different Agro-ecological zones in Punjab, for dissemination of production technology among farmers.
- Arrangement of fair and exhibitions/farmer days to promote Soybean & Sesame.
- Development of Soybean & Sesame high yielding strains with better adaptability.
Research Wing/Director, Oilseeds Research Institute, Faisalabad
5 years (01.11.2017 to 30.10.2022)
Rs.31.656 Million Rs.