Name of the Project
Crop Diversification through Soybean and Sesame Adaptability Studies under Changing Climate
- Identification of Soybean genotypes against high temperature stress.
- Identification of Sesame genotypes against Charcoal rot.
- Hybridization to create genetic variability for the selection of suitable recombinants.
- Evaluation of advance lines in different agro-climatic conditions of Punjab.
- Production of pre-basic seed for Soybean & Sesame approved varieties.
- Sowing of demonstration plots in different Agro-ecological zones in Punjab, for dissemination of production technology among farmers.
- Arrangement of fair and exhibitions/farmer days to promote Soybean & Sesame.
- Development of Soybean & Sesame high yielding strains with better adaptability
5 years (Commenced on 01.07.2017)