Name of the Project
Development of Sorghum Sudan Grass Hybrids for Better Forage Yield and Quality under Normal and Drought Stress (Project: 288)
- (University of Agriculture, Faisalabad. PBG & CABB) Establishment of gene pool of sorghum and Sudangrass.
- Screening of collected genetic material for green forage yield and quality parameters.
- Development of inter-specific Sorghum-Sudangrass hybrids.
- Development of DNA fingerprints of finally selected hybrids
- Using the already developed marker database of parental lines, a unique molecular profile of each finally selected hybrids will be developed to maintain the identity and protect IP rights.
- (Agronomic Research Institute, AARI, Faisalabad) Screening of collected germplasm and inter-specific hybrids for drought tolerance.
- (Fodder Research Institute, Sargodha) Maintenance of collected germplasm, conducting yield and Zonal trials
- (Livestock Production Research Institute Bahadurnagar, Okara) To measure the comparative palatability and nutrient digestibility of different sorghum-sudangrass hybrids and their influence on mil production and milk composition in lactating Nili Ravi Buffaloes.
Research Wing/Director, Agronomic Research Institute, Faisalabad / Team leader
5 years (01.07.2015 to 30.06.2020)
Rs. 27.288 Million Rs.