Name of the Project
Acceleration of Maize Breeding Through Inducer Line Mediated Double Haploid Inbred Lines for Development of Climate Smart, High Yielding Maize Hybrids (Project: 900)
- To reduce the period of inbred Line Development
- Development of Double Haploid inbred Lines Through inducer Line Mediated Double Haploid Technique.
- Testing of Maize Inbred Lines against Drought Stress.
- Molecular Characterization and Genetic Diversity Assessment of Maize Inbred Lines using Microsatellite DNA Markers and Selection of Diverse Lines for Developing High Yielding and Drought Tolerant Hybrids.
- Development and Evaluation of Climate Smart Drought Tolerant Single Cross Hybrids.
- Adaptability, On-Farm Testing and Deployment of Hybrids.
Research Wing/Director, Maize & Millets Research Institute, Yousafwala, Sahiwal/ Director, Agricultural Biotechnology Research Institute, Faisalabad
5 years (01-01-2018 to 31-12-2022)
41.278 Million Rs.