Soil & Water Testing Laboratory, Narowal was established in year 2002. It is situated in District Complex Narowal known as new Kutchery. It is surrounded by the offices of Deputy Commissioner, Education department, Live Stock and Laboratory for diagnosing Diseases of animals.
Soil advisory services to the farming community for improving fertilizer use efficiency for better crop production to make country self-sufficient in food as well as to improve the financial position of the farming community by increasing his agricultural outputs through site specific fertilizer and amendments recommendations.
- It is meant for following objectives.
- Pre-sowing analysis of soil for fertility point of view of the basis of fertility status and giving recommendations for optimum use of fertilizers for higher yield of corps.
- Remedial measures for salt affected soil for improving soil productivity.
- Checking irrigation water quality for good soil health & productivity.
- Improving fertilizer use efficiency to increase soil productivity at how cost.
- Site specific fertilizer/amendments recommendations.
- Reclamation of problem soils.
- Monitoring quality inputs.
- Improving (FUE) and Productivity through (IPNS).
- Accessing water quality and nutrient status for advisory services to farmers