Introduction, evaluation and popularization of machinery in collaboration with the AMRI office at Faisalabad, for farm operations in garlic crop production.
Identification and Evaluation of suitable ginger production area in districts Gujranwala, Sialkot, Narowal, Faisalabad and other suitable districts of Punjab.
- Establishment of multiplication block at Vegetable Research Institute, Faisalabad
- Training of farmers for garlic crop management and use of imported and evaluated machinery.
- Capacity building Agriculture Extension Staff and Farmers in garlic production technology.
- Importing and evaluation of new gene pool for better production in the project area.
- Training of Farmers and Agriculture Extension Staff in ginger crop production technology including mitigation of problems in ginger crop handling
- Mechanization of cultural practices (sowing, weeding and harvesting) in garlic, hence reducing cost of production and increasing profitability of the crop.
- Production technology for successful cultivation of ginger in Punjab