Following are the research activities of the institute:
- Conduction of trial on various problems/issues on different fruit crops
- Research and development programs will be focused on improving productivity of fruit crops that will increase farmer’s profitability
- Dissemination of technology package to develop a culture for export oriented quality production
- Provision of pedigree nursery plants to the progressive growers
- Introduction of high yielding and disease resistant varieties.
- Evolution of salt tolerance rootstocks and screening of suitable fruit crops in saline soils.
- Research activities towards the production of less seeded/seedless varieties of the fruits.
- Earmarking of zones for specific fruit crops.
- New potential varieties of guava, fig, falsa, grapes, jaman, litchi and pomegranate will be selected/acclimatized, characterized and catalogued.
- Standardization of asexual propagation techniques for production of pedigree plants via soft wood cuttings and grafting.