- What is post harvest technology?
- What are the post harvest activities?
- What is the importance of post harvest management?
- How post harvest losses can be reduced?
- What is post harvest packaging?
- What is meant by post harvest losses?
- Why is cleanliness and grading important?
- What is the difference between low temperature and atmospheric controlled temperature?
- What are post harvest losses?
- What services does the Post Harvest Center provide?
- What kind of analysis are being done in a post harvest center allied stations?
- What agricultural commodities are being reviewed in a allied stations of Post Harvest Research Center?
- Does this department also provide services to farmers?
- What Food Technology Section does?
- What are Food Technology Products?
- What is the timing of Food Technology Section sale point?
- Does Food Technology section provide trainings on food processing?
- What type of analysis has been performed by this section?
- What type of crops/ products is being analyzed in this section?
- Is the press mud used for soil application?
- What type of services is being provided by this section?
- Is this section provides any service to farmers?
|What is post harvest technology?||Top|
|Techniques applied to agricultural commodities after harvest till the consumption for the purpose of preservation and conservation of quality and quantity.|
|What are the post harvest activities?||Top|
|Postharvest activities include harvesting, handling, storage, processing, packaging, transportation and marketing. Losses of horticultural produce are a major problem in the post-harvest chain.|
|What is the importance of post harvest management?||Top|
|The most important advantage of post-harvest management and processing is the reduction of post-harvest losses of fruits and vegetables.|
|How post harvest losses can be reduced?||Top|
|Assess maturity, avoid injury, keep your produce cool and proper storage.|
|What is post harvest packaging?||Top|
|The stage of crop production immediately after harvest is called postharvest handling, which includes various procedures like cleaning, sorting, grading and packing. This ensures a consumer get the right food material which in turns gives good return to its producers.|
|What is meant by post harvest losses?||Top|
|Post-harvest losses occur between harvest and the moment of human consumption. They include on-farm losses, such as when fruit is harvested, transported, loaded, unloaded and marketing.|
|Why is cleanliness and grading important?||Top|
|The consumer is interested in buying cleaner and better food commodities. And this is how farmers can get better value in the food market. Cleaning and grading methods are adopted based on the physical properties of the products to fetch better price.|
|What is the difference between low temperature and atmospheric controlled temperature?||Top|
|What are post harvest losses?||Top|
|When the product obtained cannot be handled properly after harvesting, it results in post harvest loss. Reasons for postharvest losses include maturity ignorance, inadequate harvesting method, non-selection of shade space, use of improper packing and grading from unskilled labor.|
|What services does the Post Harvest Center provide?||Top|
|The post harvest research center provides people with information on when and how to harvest a produce, how to handle in the field, basic training on the sorting and grading process, how to use appropriate methods in the pack house and then how to store in the cold store. So that produce can be safe for a long time.|
|What kind of analysis are being done in a post harvest center allied stations?||Top|
|Various types of agricultural commodities are being analyzed in the allied stations of the Post Harvest ResearchCenter.|
|What agricultural commodities are being reviewed in a allied stations of Post Harvest Research Center?||Top|
|Agricultural commodities such as fodder, grain commodity fruits and vegetables etc.|
|Does this department also provide services to farmers?||Top|
|Yes! The organization provides working information to farmers through various seminars and workshops which benefits the farmer greatly.|
|What Food Technology Section does?||Top|
|Food technology section works on preservation, processing and distribution of value added fruit and vegetable products to provide safe food among masses.|
|What are Food Technology Products?||Top|
|Various fruit squash, jams, tomato ketchup and marmalades are manufactured and sold in food technology section. Filtered water is also available at low price.|
|What is the timing of Food Technology Section sale point?||Top|
|Food Technology Section sale point remains open from Monday to Friday at 9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
|Does Food Technology section provide trainings on food processing?||Top|
|Yes, this section conducts 15 days in-house training for females on food processing and preservation once in a year. Moreover, we provide trainings in different vocational and other institutes throughout the Punjab.|
|What type of analysis has been performed by this section?||Top|
|We analyze crops for proximate analysis (dry matter, crude protein, crude fat, crude fiber and NFE).|
|What type of crops/ products is being analyzed in this section?||Top|
|Fodders, grains, feeds, fruits and vegetables.|
|Is the press mud used for soil application?||Top|
|Yes, it may be used in normal soil as organic matter source in addition to fertilizers.|
|What type of services is being provided by this section?||Top|
|This section provides proximate analysis services to sister organizations.|
|Is this section provides any service to farmers?||Top|
|We provide services to AARI Scientists/ AARI Institutions and any other applicant directed by DG Agriculture (Research).|