Barani Agricultural Research Sub-Station, Piplan, Mianwali came into working in 2005 under BARI form Cotton Research Institute, Faisalabad. It provides facility to produce Pre-Basic seed of field crops (wheat, Groundnut, Chickpea) under canal irrigation system. It was also designed to multiply seed of advanced lines of wheat and groundnut.
The mandate of Barani Agricultural Research Sub-Station, Piplan, Mianwali is to produce seed of Field crops. The main objectives of the sub-station are:
- Pre-Basic seed production of new wheat varieties during Rabi season
- Pre-Basic seed production of new Groundnut varieties during Kharif season
- Seed increase practices of field crops (wheat, Groundnut, Chickpea)
- All management practices and isolations of breeder seeds are maintained as per requirement of FSCRD
- Crop inspection and seed sampling from is conducted to get lot No. from seed certification department