Barani Agricultural Research Sub-Station, Piplan, Mianwali came into working in 2005 under BARI form Cotton Research Institute, Faisalabad. It provides facility to produce Pre-Basic seed of field crops (wheat, Groundnut, Chickpea) under canal irrigation system. It was also designed to multiply seed of advanced lines of wheat and groundnut.
- Pre-Basic seed production of new wheat varieties during Rabi season
- Pre-Basic seed production of new Groundnut varieties during Kharif season
- Seed increase practices of field crops (wheat, Groundnut, Chickpea)
- All management practices and isolations of breeder seeds are maintained as per requirement of FSCRD
- Crop inspection and seed sampling from is conducted to get lot No. from seed certification department