Beekeeping Research Substation Hassanabdal was established in 1950. This research substation is under the administrative control of Entomologist Beekeeping and Hill Fruit Pests Research Station Rawalpindi and is doing useful research work on breeding and multiplication of European honey bees. It also provides beneficial services to the fruit orchards comprising loquat, deciduous fruit trees and vegetables through pollination by honey bees.
Following are the research activities of the station:
- Studies on the Scenario of Different Insect Pests and Diseases in the Apiaries
- Capacity Building & Training Program For Beekeepers And Interested Persons
- Quantitative Assessment Of Pollen Collected At Different Time Intervals In Apis Mellifera L
- Evaluation of Different Traps Against Hornets
- Evaluation of Different Methods To Control Varroa Destructor During Different Seasons