|Duration||2018-19 to 2022-23|
|Total Cost||Rs. 283.121 Million|
|Allocation in 2019-20||Rs. 100 Million|
- To develop capabilities & capacities in Punjab for olive cultivation, management, post-harvest, processing and value addition/product development
- To develop & adapt technologies for development of olive sector in Punjab through on-station and farmer participatory research
- To act as a repository of olive genetic resources and their management
- To undertake socio-economic research in olive crop
- Procurement of 1 NIR and Olive lab Oil mill.
- Completion of 2 olive multiplication blocks.
- Residential building completed (9 residents)
- 8 Nos. of training of olive growers.
- Diagnostic Field Survey.
- Construction of CEFORT
- Diagnostic Field Survey (No. of surveys)
- Adaptability Trials (No.)
- Stakeholder Consultations (No. of workshops)
- Research Experiments /Trials (No.)
- Establishment of olive multiplication blocks in private sector (No. of blocks)
- Collection and Import of Olive Germplasm (No. of genotypes)
- Organize Training of Trainers (No. 0f trainings)
- National Olive Festival
- Olive advisory services to olive stakeholders
Demand-driven research in olive cultivation, management, post-harvest, processing and value addition/product development addresses key issues faced by olive farmers and other stakeholders, so as to provide valid basis for increasing farmers’ profitability and sustainable sector development
- 16 trails being conducted in southern Punjab (Bhakkar, Multan, Bahawalpur, Muzaffar Garh and Layyah). (20 plant/ variety; 10 varieties; 20 research experiments at BARI)
- Organized 01 Stakeholder Workshop, 2 trainings, 1 National festival and 1 National seminar on olive during 2021.
- 96% civil work (Main building & 09 Residences).
- Survey of 26 farmers completed in 3rd annual survey.
- Site selected (Kot Chudrian, Chakwal) for establishing 3rd multiplication. Plantation to be done in March 2022
- Survey completed. 05 genotypes collected from Baluchistan.
- Advisory services being provided regularly through 03 Whats App groups and one Facebook group “Olive Valley Pakistan”.
- Post of PD advertised and being evaluated in Agri. Department, Non-gazetted staff (06) recruited. Deputy PD may be appointed at the earliest
- Potential olive varieties identified for future up-scaling of olive groves in southern Punjab
- Trained olive Service Providers developed for private sector growth
- Capacity of private sector strengthened to produce true to type olive nursery plants and value-added products
- Socio-economic Research guides farmers and other stakeholders for value chain connectivity and enhanced profitability
Dr. Muhammad Rafique Dogar
Barani Agricultural Research Institute, Chakwal