Following are the achievements of the institute:
- Developed 25 high yielding fodder varieties i.e. oats (5), berseem (5), alfalfa (1), rye grass (1), sorghum (4), S.S. hybrid (1), pearl millet (2), maize (1), guar (3), Maize x Teosinte (1) and cowpea (1).
- 10 new fodder varieties are in pipeline for variety approval:
- 1 berseem and 1 maize line has been recommended by expert sub-committee.
- Spot examination of 2 oats and 1 pearl millet line has been completed.
- Spot examination of 2 sorghum, 2 guar and 1 jantar line will be done in current year.
- Developed improved technology for seed and fodder production of berseem, alfalfa and sorghum.
- pre-basic seed of fodder crops were produced