|Duration||2021-22 to 2022-23|
|Total Cost||484.408 Million Rs|
|Allocation for 2021-22||163.715 Million Rs|
|Location||AARI, Faisalabad and its Allied Institutes in Punjab|
- To improve and strengthen the research facilities at institutes of research wing of Agriculture Department through.
- Provision of new infrastructure.
- Up gradation and/or repair of existing infrastructure
- Government of the Punjab, Department of Agriculture
- Chief Scientist Agri. (Research) Ayub Agricultural Research Institute,Faisalabad
- Public Works Department, Government of the Punjab
Targets of the project
- Installation of environmentally controlled tunnel structures and Nursery Raising Semi Controlled Poly Carbonate Tunnel with Cooling Pads and nursery trays stands.
- Construction of Green house, rain shelters etc. to accelerate development of crop varieties/technologies resilient to climate change.
- Infrastructure development for value addition of fig and dates.
- Building of sheds, threshing floors, scrutiny wall etc. to safeguard the precious research material and germplasm at AARI institutes.
- Provision of biotechnological equipment to meet the requirement of PBR act.
Type and Number of Beneficiaries
- Scientists of various institutions of AARI, Faisalabad
Expected impact after completion of project
An effective and efficient research and development (R&D) system will be developed to support the search for solutions to research problems. Provision of modern research infrastructure will boost the production of agricultural crops in the province.